“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Queenstown...

I love love love this place with all of my heart. Queenstown is basically the big tourist destination on the South island and where they have all kinds of crazy adventure stuff. It's a pretty small city, but very beautiful. The best way that I can describe the feel of the city is like Park City. It's very scenic, but more upscale and expensive.

So a bunch of people decided to go bungy jumping while we were here which is something that I had no desire to do at all. I did not want to jump off a huge bridge with only a stretchy piece of string holding me. So I did something completely awesome, which I totally loved. A Lord of the Rings horseback ride. It was called Ride of the Rings. I know I'm a dork, but it was incredible.

I got to see the woods of Lothlorien, and for all you none obsessed people that's where the elf Galadrial lives, and Isengard, and also pretty much the whole scene at the end of the first movie where Boromir dies and the hobbits roll down the hill, etc. I even saw the particular tree he died on. So cool. I also saw where they filmed Helms Deep. Pretty much it was the best horseback ride of my life.

So after my awesome incredible horseback ride, I had the burger to end all burgers. There is this awesome place called Ferg Burger, that is famous. It's only in Queenstown and people from all over the world know about it. It is to die for. The burgers are absolutely huge and full of goodness. I had the "Tropical Swine" which was so delightful. It was a huge meat pattie, with aoili, which is a kind of mayonnaise they have here, tomato, pineapple, streaky bacon (like American bacon), and this awesome barbecue like sauce they put on all their burgers. To die for.

Oscar: Riders of Rohan's Horse

Then to make life even better I went to the Patagonia Chocolate Company. I had the most delightful ice cream I have ever head in my life. Better than gelato in Italy, better than Move n' Pick in Jordan. And that is saying ALOT trust me cause those were some dang good ice cream. I had Banana Split, and if you picture the best banana split that you ha ve ever eaten in your life, mixed together with chocolate chunks and the best caramel and chocolate fudge you've ever had swirled into that, you have that ice cream. It was to die for good.

0 comments: